I have been working in the field of community mental health for the past 11 years, completing my formal education in Criminology (BA, MA) and Social Work (MSW). I have developed a passion for working alongside individuals as they embark on their journey of self-discovery, personal growth and healing. Navigating the terrain of our inner struggles to create lasting meaningful change is one of the most courageous things we can do as human beings, and continues to inspire me in my work as a therapist.
I have also completed extensive mindfulness training over the past 6 years. Through this training I have become a qualified teacher in Mindfulness-integrated Cognitive Behaviour Therapy (MiCBT) (MiCBT Institute, AU), Mindfulness-Based Stress Reduction (MBSR) (University of Massachusetts, School of Medicine), and Mindfulness-Based Eating Awareness Training (MB-EAT) (Center for Mindful Eating, NH). I am currently working towards my qualifications as a teacher in Mindful Self-Compassion (MSC) Training Course (University of San Diego, School of Medicine). These trainings have been highly instrumental in my own personal growth, and in the work that I do with individuals and groups.
I work collaboratively with individuals to explore presenting concerns, unpack the causes and conditions reinforcing them, and work through personal and interpersonal blocks that impede on their healing and personal growth. I draw on the deeper long term values of the individual as a guidepost while we move through therapeutic process.
I draw upon a variety of treatment approaches, including: Internal Family Systems (IFS) Therapy, Acceptance & Commitment Therapy (ACT), Emotion Focused Therapy (EFT), Compassion Focused Therapy (CFT), and mindfulness-based interventions.
Here to support you on your healing journey.
I offer virtual therapy sessions to individuals 19 years of age and older. I have a special proficiency in the treatment of chronic stress, anxiety, perfectionism, and burnout.
I run two 8-week mindfulness programs (Mindfulness-Based Stress Reduction Program & Mindful Self Compassion Training Course), and two 10-week mindfulness programs (Mindfulness-integrated Cognitive Behavioural Therapy course & Mindful Eating Course), along with Full and Half Day Silent Meditation Retreats. The aim of these courses is to cultivate the capacity to meet our moment to moment experiences with an attitude of non-judgement, curiosity acceptance and kindness. Mindfulness practice allows us to live life more fully, coming out of autopilot mode and embracing the simple joys of life even when difficulty is present. It deepens our wisdom and compassion so that we can skillfully respond to our experiences, rather than reacting in ways that often fail to meet our deeper needs.
- Wed, Nov 30Station33: Cafe & Yoga
- Wed, Dec 07Station33: Cafe & YogaDec 07, 6:00 p.m. – 9:00 p.m. ASTStation33: Cafe & Yoga, 33 Railway Crescent, Hampton, NB E5N 5L2, CanadaGive yourself a gift of self compassion by joining us in this 3hr introductory workshop! We will be focusing on a number of the teachings offered in the evidence based Mindful Self-Compassion (MSC) Training Program.
- Thu, Dec 08Online event via zoom
- Sat, Dec 10MindsMatter withA&J CounsellingSolutions
- Wed, Jan 11Station 33: Cafe & Yoga
- Sat, Jan 21Rising Tides Healing CentreJan 21, 2023, 1:00 p.m. – 4:00 p.m.Rising Tides Healing Centre, 192 River Valley Dr, Grand Bay-Westfield, NB E5K 1A4, CanadaJoin us in this 3hr MBSR introductory workshop! You will learn a variety of teachings borrowed from the evidence-based MBSR Course aimed at supporting your overall growth and personal wellbeing
- Time is TBDSaint John
- Time is TBDLocation is TBD